Brenton on Sea is a majestic shoreline settlement; located 15km from Knysna in the Garden Route; bordered by lush indigenous forest and the powerful Indian Ocean. It is ideal for long walks on the beach, long lazy days of tanning and deep-sea fishing. Brenton is known for its pristine blue flag beach.
When visiting Brenton on Sea these are the top must do's:
1. The Brenton Beach is one of South-Africa's Blue Flag beaches and stretches all the way to Buffalo Bay. Take a beach walk to Buffalo Bay, enjoy a beer or a cool drink and walk back. The walk is approximately 9km long. This is the perfect walk to do with sunrise or sunset.
2. Go for a walk along Fisherman's trail. Fishermen's Walk follows the contour at the top of the cliffs above Jaap se Baai and The Block here in Brenton-on-Sea. It's an easy stroll (unless you decide to descend on one of the pathways down to the sea) - with truly magnificent views of the Indian Ocean and its coast. Pack a picnic basket to enjoy along the way.
3. Shop on Sea has something for everyone, but a local favourite is "Tannie Hessies" meat pie's.
4. Brenton is know to be a popular area for whale and dolphin spotting. We regularly see dolphins from the property!!
5. In the summer months the Brenton Beach is perfect for long lazy days of tanning and swimming. Remember to pack you beach towel!
6. Visit the Brenton Blue Butterfly Reserve. This Special Nature Reserve is home to many butterflies, an amazing variety of fynbos, which attracts the presence of many birds and mammals.
7. Contact Dune Adventures for an epic sandboarding experience on the Brenton beach sand dunes.